Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Roger Espel Llima <ro...@iagora.net> on 2001/10/24 21:21:38 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] lingerd 0.94

I've been meaning to release an update to lingerd since I got it
ported to FreeBSD and Solaris...  since I can't find the time to do
the cosmetic changes that have been in the TODO list for too long, I
figure I'll leave those for later.  Anyway, here it is...

Lingerd version 0.94 has been released; you can find it at
http://www.iagora.com/about/software/lingerd/index.html

WHAT IS LINGERD?

Lingerd is a daemon that greatly improves Apache's scalability by
taking over the task of lingering on closing sockets.  On dynamic
page servers that don't serve their own images (and where keepalives
are off), the effect of lingerd on Apache's load is similar to that
of a proxy front-end server.

CHANGES

Lingerd up to 0.93 had been tested under Linux only.  This release
fixes some compatibility issues to make it work under FreeBSD (other
BSDs should work the same), and also buils and runs on Solaris,
using a different fd-passing API.

--
Roger Espel Llima, roger@iagora.net
http://www.iagora.com/~espel/index.html