Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Frank Villarreal <f_...@tetco.com> on 2005/06/10 15:49:49 UTC

Page Links Reset Portlet State(s)?

Here's a thought I've been having ....

Could it be possible (in J2), to re-set/clear the state (render parameters &
portlet modes) of all portlets on the current page when a user clicks
directly on a page-link (in the menu navigation)?  My thoughts behind this
are as follows ...

1) this is the typical behavior of most sites across the web
2) users get confused if they have a portlet maximized and then decide to
click on the menu to "go back" ... and nothing on the page changes ... b/c
the current page's mode is a maximized portlet.
3) this behavior could be "configurable" in j2 properties somewhere

I'm positive this behavior would result in J2 receiving better marks for
user-friendliness from a broader set of users.  Thoughts anyone?

- Frank

RE: Page Links Reset Portlet State(s)?

Posted by Frank Villarreal <f_...@tetco.com>.
It almost seems to me that the "spec" should include a "RESET" mode/action
on a portlet that could be invoked at this particular point ... which is why
specs need to evolve ...