Posted to user@flink.apache.org by anaray <an...@gmail.com> on 2019/03/27 07:23:23 UTC

Details on Checkpointing if there are multiple/different sources grouped together.

Hi,

Please help me to understand checkpointing if there multiple/different
sources and which is grouped together.

|--------------------|
KAFKA TOPIC 1 |  ----  SOURCE1(DataStream1) ---------------- |

| COGROUP          |------------ SINK

KAFKA TOPIC 2 |  ----- SOURCE2(DataStream2) ----------------

(Kafka)                       (Flink)

I assume that in above case Source1 and Source2 will emit its own
independent checkpoint barriers (say at interval 1 min), and if so  will
there be 2 different snapshots of at COGROUP?

Thank You,