Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by David Boyer <Da...@bvu.edu> on 2002/06/14 00:00:04 UTC

newbie assistance with catalina.policy

I realize I can use a "-" or "*" at the end of my pathname. Can I use
one in the middle?

I have approximately 1,200 user webs that I'd like to enable for JSPs
with Jakarta Tomcat. I'd like each user to have write access to a
/webdata folder withing their web:

permission java.io.FilePermission
"d:\\Inetpub\\Wwwroot\\dev\\jtest\\students\\-\\webdata\\-", "read,
write";

The directory name between students and webdata will be different for
each student. How do I handle a varying directory name in the middle of
the path?

Any suggestion, or am I stuck creating a separate application context
in "server.xml" for each user?