Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Leonardo Souza <le...@gmail.com> on 2010/03/02 20:33:58 UTC

CoreAdminHandler question

The action CREATE creates a new core based on preexisting
instanceDir/solrconfig.xml/schema.xml, and registers it.
That's what the documentation is stating.

Is there a way to instruct solr to create the instanceDir if does not exist?

I'm trying to create new core based on a existing schema/config to rebuild
the index, after that swap it with the existing old core. The problem is
that the instanceDir of the new core should exist before the core creation,
and would be nice to programmatically create the instanceDir using the
CoreAdminHandler.

Maybe i'm missing something..

Thanks in advance.

[ ]'s
Leonardo da S. Souza
°v°   Linux user #375225
/(_)\   http://counter.li.org/
^ ^

Re: CoreAdminHandler question

Posted by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org>.
I *think* that you can use the same instanceDir for multiple cores, the
key issue being that you need to make sure they each have distinct
dataDirs (which as i recall can be done using property replacement with
the core name)

:
: Is there a way to instruct solr to create the instanceDir if does not exist?
:
: I'm trying to create new core based on a existing schema/config to rebuild
: the index, after that swap it with the existing old core. The problem is

-Hoss