Posted to batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Sebastian Queißer <s....@freenet.de> on 2010/06/04 20:40:58 UTC

Re: Unable to change startOffset in textPath dynamically

Hi Thomas,

On So, Feb 22, 2009 at 07:57:06 -0500, you wrote:
> Hi Sebastian,
>
> Sebastian Queißer <s....@freenet.de> wrote on 02/20/2009 03:20:26 PM:
>
> > Finally I managed it to solve bug #45723. The problem was that in the
> > SVGTextPathElementBridge class the startOffset attribute is only read
> > via the DOM getAttributeNS method, not by calling getStartOffset from
> > SVGOMTextPathElement which returns the updated AnimatableLength object.
> >
> > I appended a patch file which also includes my first fix.
>
>    Thanks, I'll try and take a look shortly.
Just wanted to ask you about the status of bug #45723. Did you already
have a look at my patch? As far as I can see the bug still exists in the
current SVN version...

Best regards,
Sebastian

Re: Unable to change startOffset in textPath dynamically

Posted by th...@kodak.com.
Hi Sebastian,

Sebastian Queißer <s....@freenet.de> wrote on 06/04/2010 02:40:58 PM:

> Just wanted to ask you about the status of bug #45723. Did you already
> have a look at my patch? As far as I can see the bug still exists in the
> current SVN version...

        I added your patch the bug report, and added some comments.  I
suspect it's in the
right direction.  However in general we didn't try to track dynamic
changes to children of text so
I suspect a fair amount more work would be required to properly handle
this.

Thomas DeWeese | CDG Advanced Development |
Eastman Kodak Company | 343 State Street | Rochester, NY 14650-0128 |
Thomas.DeWeese@Kodak.com | 585 724-0294 |
www.kodak.com