Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Cuong Tran <ct...@yahoo.com> on 2000/07/19 20:11:09 UTC

Set project based excludes?

  I find it convenient to be able to change the default excludes
or set the exclude list for the entire project.  Can we add this
feature?  It requires changes to some of the core classes.

=====
Cuong Q. Tran <ct...@yahoo.com>

http://mail.yahoo.com/

Re: Set project based excludes?

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@bost.de>.

 CT>   I find it convenient to be able to change the default excludes
 CT> or set the exclude list for the entire project.  Can we add this
 CT> feature?  It requires changes to some of the core classes.

Cuong, please take a look at the changes I've just committed. This
adds patternset and patternsetref nested elements to FileSet and
MatchingTask.

The way they are supposed to work:

<directory_based_task1>
  <patternset id="the_helper_files">
    <include name="**/*.properties" />
    <include name="**/*.txt" />
  </patternset>
  <exclude name="**/1.txt" />
</directory_based_task1>

<directory_based_task2>
  <patternset>
    <exclude name="**/*.java" />
  </patternset>
  <patternsetref refid="the_helper_files" />
</directory_based_task2>

this will automatically add the patterns of set the_helper_files to
directory_based_task2.

What's still missing of course is a way to define sets like these
outside of a task to get global (property like) sets.

I'm planning to do similar things for path structures and
filesets. Documentation will follow.

Stefan