Posted to user@tika.apache.org by ola nowak <ol...@gmail.com> on 2012/02/22 00:21:03 UTC

problem with parser in external jar working with Solr on remote glassfish

Hi all!
I'm using Tika in Solr. I've written my own parser (extending XMLParser).
It uses my own mimetype.
I've created jar file which inside looks like this:
src
|-main
    |-some_packages
        |-MyParser.java
    |resources
        |-META-INF
            |-services
                |-org.apache.tika.parser.Parser (which contains
some_packages.MyParser.java)
        |_org
            |-apache
                |-tika
                    |-mime
                        |-custom-mimetypes.xml

In custom-mimetypes I put the definition of new mimetype becouse my xml
files have some special tags.

Now where is the problem: I've been testing parsing and indexing with Solr
on glassfish installed on my local machine. It worked just fine. Then I
wanted to install it on some remote server. There is the same version of
glassfish installed (3.1.1). I've copied-pasted Solr application, it's home
directory with all libraries (including tika jars and the jar with my
custom parser). Unfortunately it doesn't work. After posting files to Solr
I can see in content-type field that it detected my custom mime type. But
there are no fields that suppose to be there like MyParser was never
runned. The only fields I get are the ones from Dublin Core. I've checked
(by simply adding some printlines) that Tika is only using XMLParser.
Have anyone had similar problem? How to handle this?
Regards,
Ola