Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Baiss Eric Magnusson <ba...@mac.com> on 2004/07/02 18:00:27 UTC

Re: axis.handlers.BasicHandler NoClassDefFoundError

Hello James,

Thanks for the response.
I found that I already had Axis as part of my WO install, on both
machines.
I deleted the Axis jars from </Library/Java/Extensions> which, as I run
the WO app from the command line, I see is not even in the classpath.

The problem persists on the Deploy machine.

 From the AxisGroup I got the comment.
> 	Quadruple check the namespaces in your WSDL

I didn't write any WSDL, I don't know what that means in my
environment. I keep coming back to the space it runs fine on the
development box but not when deployed.

On Jul 1, 2004, at 5:10 PM, David denBoer wrote:

> I have seen this in the past. Make sure that you do not have more than
> one class in your classpath that has
> org.apache.axis.handlers.BasicHandler
> And, I have seen it using WO, so this could easily be what you are
> seeing.
>
> On Jul 1, 2004, at 3:30 PM, Baiss Eric Magnusson wrote:
>
> I was able to run the Apache Axis stuff from my development machine
> running MacOSX 10.3.4.
>
> But when I try to deploy the app on my MacOSXS 10.2.8 server, I get
> the
> following:
>
>  com.webobjects.foundation.NSForwardException for
>  java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError
>      at
> org.apache.axis.handlers.BasicHandler.<clinit>(BasicHandler.java:43)
>      at org.apache.axis.client.Service.getAxisClient(Service.java:104)
>      at org.apache.axis.client.Service.<init>(Service.java:113)
----
Baiss Eric Magnusson
<http://www.Track-Your-Finances.com>
<http://www.CascadeWebDesign.com>