Posted to dev@buildr.apache.org by Ketan Padegaonkar <ke...@gmail.com> on 2008/11/17 17:59:56 UTC

Patches to use buildr to build eclipse plugins

Hi,

I've been using buildr to build eclipse plugins for a few days now, and
I must say that I'm addicted to it :)

As part of making things smoother for building eclipse plugins, I've
added yet another compiler to buildr that allows building eclipse plugins.

I'm hoping that this could be useful for others and would be more than
happy to clean up the code, add tests and submit patches to the buildr
team for inclusion in buildr. Would the buildr team be interested in
taking this contribution ?

-- Ketan

Re: Patches to use buildr to build eclipse plugins

Posted by Alex Boisvert <bo...@intalio.com>.
On Mon, Nov 17, 2008 at 8:59 AM, Ketan Padegaonkar <
ketanpadegaonkar@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm hoping that this could be useful for others and would be more than
> happy to clean up the code, add tests and submit patches to the buildr team
> for inclusion in buildr. Would the buildr team be interested in taking this
> contribution ?

Yes, totally!

alex

Re: Patches to use buildr to build eclipse plugins

Posted by Alex Boisvert <bo...@intalio.com>.
What does you extension do beyond what the compiler already does?   The idea
is to have your code (the additional processing) hook up on existing Buildr
tasks instead of overriding them.

alex

On Tue, Nov 18, 2008 at 10:46 AM, Ketan Padegaonkar <

Posted by Ketan Padegaonkar <ke...@gmail.com>.
Hi Alex,

Posted by Alex Boisvert <bo...@intalio.com>.

Posted by Ketan Padegaonkar <ke...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Alex Boisvert <bo...@intalio.com>.

Posted by Ittay Dror <it...@tikalk.com>.

Ketan Padegaonkar wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've been using buildr to build eclipse plugins for a few days now,
> and I must say that I'm addicted to it :)
>
> As part of making things smoother for building eclipse plugins, I've
> added yet another compiler to buildr that allows building eclipse
> plugins.
>
> I'm hoping that this could be useful for others and would be more than
> happy to clean up the code, add tests and submit patches to the buildr
> team for inclusion in buildr. Would the buildr team be interested in
> taking this contribution ?
why not create your own project (at github maybe)?

ittay

--
Ittay Dror <it...@tikalk.com>
Tikal <http://www.tikalk.com>

Re: Patches to use buildr to build eclipse plugins

Posted by Antoine Toulme <an...@lunar-ocean.com>.
Ketan, this sounds like a nice thing to have. What compiler did you use ?
the JDT one ?
I am not part of the Buildr team, but I think this would make a fine
addition to Buildr.

Thanks,

Antoine

On Mon, Nov 17, 2008 at 5:59 PM, Ketan Padegaonkar <

--
http://www.lunar-ocean.com/blog