Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Sreehareesh Kaipravan Meethaleveetil <sm...@sapient.com> on 2013/11/30 06:15:25 UTC

Multi stores multi price modelling and range facets in Solr

Hi,

We have a requirement where we need to display facet for price range.

Firstly let me explain our data structure.
We have products and product will be present on multiple stores and each store has it's own price.
Now the requirement is, when customer is logged in price displayed should be from selected store and challenging part is how to show price range facet according customer's selected store in search results page.

Let me give an example, we have Product-P under Store-A, Store-B with prices 8$ & 12$ respectively.
Assume user-1 selected preferred store as Store-B then the Product-P will have price 12$ and same way for Store-A price will be 8$.
So, Product should be shown under 0-10$ price range if user selects Store-A else it will be under 10-20$ price range for Store-B.

So what is the best approach to index data into SOLR search engine so that price facet range can be handled effectively.

We can think of one approach, where we can index all individual store price for each product and each store price as individual attribute.
If product present under 40 stores then number of attributes will be around 55 attributes (including basic attributes) which is huge i think.
So please provide your valuable suggestions & thoughts.

Any help on this would be highly appreciated as this becomes more critical for us.

Thanks,
Sreehareesh