Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by Jon Smirl <jo...@mediaone.net> on 2000/06/14 07:09:27 UTC

xalan-c: DOMStringHelper

This function looks like it is in the H file with a corresponding body in
the C file. I just tried using it and get a link error.

Page.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport)
unsigned int __cdecl indexOf(class DOMString const &,class DOMString const
&,int)" (__imp_?indexOf@@YAIABVDOMString@@0H@Z)

/**
 * Simulates the java String method indexOf().
 *
 * @param theString string to search
 * @param theSubstring substring searched for
 * @return the index of theSubstring in theString,
 * or length(theString) if the string is not
 * found.
 */
XALAN_PLATFORMSUPPORT_EXPORT_FUNCTION(unsigned int)
indexOf(
   const XalanDOMChar*  theString,
   const XalanDOMChar*  theSubstring,
   int startOffset = 0);

Jon Smirl
jonsmirl@mediaone.net

Re: xalan-c: DOMStringHelper

Posted by Jon Smirl <jo...@mediaone.net>.
> This function looks like it is in the H file with a corresponding body in
> the C file. I just tried using it and get a link error.

I should have said, without a corresponding body.

Jon Smirl
jonsmirl@mediaone.net