Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by "Yves S. Garret" <yo...@gmail.com> on 2013/07/13 01:09:23 UTC

Two questions about Nutch

Hi, I've been curious lately.  I have two questions about Apache Nutch:

1 - Is there a web-gui interface that will enable me to look over the
different search terms that I can
use and what searches are going on?  If so, how can I solve this problem?

2 - Has anyone used Nutch and MongoDB (or CouchDB) for storage?  Would you
recommend such
an arrangement?

Thanks in advance!

Re: Two questions about Nutch

Posted by Lewis John Mcgibbney <le...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

On Friday, July 12, 2013, Yves S. Garret <yo...@gmail.com> wrote:

> 1 - Is there a web-gui interface that will enable me to look over the
> different search terms that I can
> use and what searches are going on?  If so, how can I solve this problem?

Nutch 2.x has a REST interface via Restlet. You can build your GUI on top
of this if you want. There is a long standing open issue for this on the
Jira.

> 2 - Has anyone used Nutch and MongoDB (or CouchDB) for storage?  Would you
> recommend such
> an arrangement?

There is a mongodb store on the Gora Jira which is nearly ready to be
committed. You could try that out... AFAICT it looks pretty comprehensive
and we are looking forward to getting it in to Gora which will mean people
can use it in 2.x.

hth
Lewis

--