Posted to dev@geode.apache.org by Michael Oleske <mo...@pivotal.io> on 2020/05/01 23:00:32 UTC

GitHub Project Board Applications API

Hi Devs!

I saw on github that the main geode project now has a project board (
https://github.com/apache/geode/projects/1).  I don't remember it being
discussed on the dev list.  Are some folks using it now for organization?
I'm curious how that flow works since our Jira could also be doing that
flow.  I ask cause I'm definitely one of those folks who'd like to
consolidate things closer to code (so github issues and the like).  I'm
wondering who's it is helping since we as an open source community haven't
really talked about making project boards/kanban boards all that often with
the tools we do have.

-michael

Re: GitHub Project Board Applications API

Posted by Nabarun Nag <nn...@apache.org>.

> What are you hoping to learn from the exploration?

- what features are available and how can we use them.

What hypothesis is the experiment trying to prove/disprove?

Hypothesis: "Github project boards can help in project management."

Hopefully we may be able to use them in the near future.

Regards
Naba

Posted by Michael Oleske <mo...@pivotal.io>.

Posted by Nabarun Nag <nn...@apache.org>.
We can ignore this board as it is not part of the agreed-upon open-source
process at the moment.
Regards
Naba

Posted by Nabarun Nag <nn...@apache.org>.