Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Ryan Bloom <rb...@covalent.net> on 2001/11/12 23:59:07 UTC

The next patch to abstract out the network logic.

I have just finished the next patch to abstract out the network logic.  The goal
for this patch was to remove the socket from the conn_rec structure. This
forces us to isolate any logic that relies on the socket.  I have also created a
hook for creating a new connection structure.  This allows a module that
implements a new transport layer to insert the correct filters.

I haven't abstracted out the select or accept calls yet, that is next, and the
apr_sockaddr_t's are still in the conn_rec, which I would like to remove.

Expect the first commit to be within the hour, and another at the end of the
night.  I am working hard to keep all MPMs working, but I am testing with
prefork.  Anything else is outside of my scope until I get the work done, and
then I will test all of the Unix and Windows MPMs.  I don't have OS/2 or BeOS,
or I would do those as well.

Ryan

Ryan Bloom				rbb@apache.org