Posted to commits@cassandra.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2011/03/30 18:26:20 UTC

[Cassandra Wiki] Update of "Cassandra EC2" by MatthewCooke

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Cassandra Wiki" for change notification.

The "Cassandra EC2" page has been changed by MatthewCooke.
http://wiki.apache.org/cassandra/Cassandra%20EC2?action=diff&rev1=2&rev2=3

  With these simple bash scripts you can easily start up a small Cassandra cluster on EC2 for testing. [[http://github.com/johanoskarsson/cassandra-ec2|Cassandra EC2]] See the readme for instructions on how to use it.
+
+ NB: I found these scripts a useful template but they are a bit dated now and required a variety of fixes, in particular:
+ * SVN URL has changed from http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/cassandra/trunk/ to https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cassandra/trunk (no longer in incubation)
+ * storage-conf.xml is now cassandra.yaml
+ * The debian (lenny) AMI would not apply the updates required due to an issue with the signing key (I don't know the way to fix this, as I'm not a debian person but it's probably trivial to fix)

  Worth noting that this is not intended for production use.