Posted to dev@buildr.apache.org by Ittay Dror <it...@gmail.com> on 2008/07/20 15:31:01 UTC

external layouts

Hi,

How can I set a layout so that 'target' is in a directory tree parallel
to the project source tree? If my source tree is:
/root
   - project
      - module1
      - module2

I want the 'target' directories to be:
/tmp/target
   - project
     - module1
     - module2

(that is, the compiled files and packages of /root/project/module1 go to
/tmp/target/project/module1)

Thank you,
Ittay

Ittay Dror <it...@gmail.com>

Re: external layouts

Posted by Assaf Arkin <ar...@intalio.com>.
On Sun, Jul 20, 2008 at 6:31 AM, Ittay Dror <it...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> How can I set a layout so that 'target' is in a directory tree parallel to
> the project source tree? If my source tree is:
> /root
>  - project
>     - module1
>     - module2
>
> I want the 'target' directories to be:
> /tmp/target
>  - project
>    - module1
>    - module2
>
> (that is, the compiled files and packages of /root/project/module1 go to
> /tmp/target/project/module1)

Either tell the project where to compile (compile.into( <path> )), or
create a new layout and use it in your project.   You'll probably need
to create a new layout class:

http://incubator.apache.org/buildr/rdoc/classes/Buildr/Layout.html

Assaf