Posted to user@hadoop.apache.org by Mayur Patil <ra...@gmail.com> on 2013/03/04 08:20:32 UTC

Re: [Hadoop-Help]About Map-Reduce implementation

Hello,

     Now I am slowly understanding Hadoop working.

     As I want to collect the logs from three machines

     including Master itself . My small query is

     which mode should I implement for this??

   -      Standalone Operation
   -      Pseudo-Distributed Operation
   -      Fully-Distributed Operation

     Seeking for guidance,

     Thank you !!
*--
Cheers,
Mayur*

Hi mayur,

Posted by Mayur Patil <ra...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

   Thanks sir for your reply !!

   Have you taken look at attachments

   which is my actual scenario ??

   Seeking for guidance,

   Thank you!!
--
*Cheers,
Mayur.*

Hi Mayur,

Posted by Mayur Patil <ra...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

Posted by Mayur Patil <ra...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

Posted by Mayur Patil <ra...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

Posted by Mayur Patil <ra...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

*
--
Cheers,
Mayur.*

--
*Cheers,
Mayur*.

Re: [Hadoop-Help]About Map-Reduce implementation

Posted by Mayur Patil <ra...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

--
*Cheers,
Mayur*.

Re: [Hadoop-Help]About Map-Reduce implementation

Posted by Mayur Patil <ra...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

--
*Cheers,
Mayur*.

Re: [Hadoop-Help]About Map-Reduce implementation

Posted by Mayur Patil <ra...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

--
*Cheers,
Mayur*.

Re: [Hadoop-Help]About Map-Reduce implementation

Posted by Jean-Marc Spaggiari <je...@spaggiari.org>.
Hi Mayur,

Take a look here:
http://hadoop.apache.org/docs/r1.1.1/single_node_setup.html#PseudoDistributed

"Hadoop can also be run on a single-node in a pseudo-distributed mode
where each Hadoop daemon runs in a separate Java process." =
SingleNode.

So you can only use the Fully-Distributed mode.

JM

Posted by Jean-Marc Spaggiari <je...@spaggiari.org>.
Hi Mayur,

Posted by Jean-Marc Spaggiari <je...@spaggiari.org>.
Hi Mayur,

Posted by Jean-Marc Spaggiari <je...@spaggiari.org>.
Hi Mayur,

Posted by Mayur Patil <ra...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

On Fri, Mar 8, 2013 at 8:30 AM, Jean-Marc Spaggiari <jean-marc@spaggiari.org

--
*Cheers,
Mayur*.

Re: Find current version & cluster info of hadoop

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.
Something like "hadoop version" and "hdfs dfsadmin -report" is what
you're looking for?

--
Harsh J

Re: Dissecting MR output article

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.
+1 for Hadoop: The Definitive Guide and other books.

Sidenote: The 3rd Edition of Tom White's Hadoop: The
Definitive Guide does have good details on MRv2 and YARN.

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Azuryy Yu <az...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Azuryy Yu <az...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Azuryy Yu <az...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Azuryy Yu <az...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Sai Sai <sa...@yahoo.in>.

Posted by Sai Sai <sa...@yahoo.in>.

Posted by Sai Sai <sa...@yahoo.in>.

Posted by Sai Sai <sa...@yahoo.in>.

Re: Setup/Cleanup question

Posted by Sai Sai <sa...@yahoo.in>.
Thanks Harsh.
So the setup/cleanup r for the Job and not the Mappers i take it.
Thanks.

________________________________
Posted by Sai Sai <sa...@yahoo.in>.
Thanks Harsh.

--
Harsh J

Re: Setup/Cleanup question

Posted by Sai Sai <sa...@yahoo.in>.
Thanks Harsh.

--
Harsh J

Re: Setup/Cleanup question

Posted by Sai Sai <sa...@yahoo.in>.
Thanks Harsh.

--
Harsh J

Re: Setup/Cleanup question

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.

--
Harsh J

Re: Setup/Cleanup question

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.

--
Harsh J

Re: Setup/Cleanup question

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.

--
Harsh J

Re: Setup/Cleanup question

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.

--
Harsh J

Re: Setup/Cleanup question

Re: Setup/Cleanup question

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.

--
Harsh J

Re: Setup/Cleanup question

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.

--
Harsh J

Re: Find current version & cluster info of hadoop

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.

--
Harsh J

Re: Setup/Cleanup question

Posted by Mayur Patil <ra...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

Posted by Mayur Patil <ra...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

Posted by Mayur Patil <ra...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

--
*Cheers,
Mayur*.

Re: [Hadoop-Help]About Map-Reduce implementation

Posted by Jean-Marc Spaggiari <je...@spaggiari.org>.
Hi Mayur,

Posted by Jean-Marc Spaggiari <je...@spaggiari.org>.
Hi Mayur,

Posted by Jean-Marc Spaggiari <je...@spaggiari.org>.
Hi Mayur,

Posted by Jean-Marc Spaggiari <je...@spaggiari.org>.
Hi Mayur,

Posted by Mayur Patil <ra...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

--
*Cheers,
Mayur*.

Re: [Hadoop-Help]About Map-Reduce implementation

Posted by Mayur Patil <ra...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

--
*Cheers,
Mayur*.

Re: [Hadoop-Help]About Map-Reduce implementation

Posted by Mayur Patil <ra...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

--
*Cheers,
Mayur*.

Re: [Hadoop-Help]About Map-Reduce implementation

Posted by Mayur Patil <ra...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

--
*Cheers,