Posted to soap-user@xml.apache.org by "Bosley, Aaron" <aa...@tallan.com> on 2001/02/23 20:41:37 UTC

Error Saving Services Registry

I'm getting the ouch message when I try to do anything which persists the
deployed services to the *.ds file. The fault string is:
Error saving services registry: null

I assume I'm not setting the path to the *.ds file.  Do I need a soap.xml
file?  I'm running on WLServer 6.0.

Thanks,

Aaron Bosley
Tallán
Boston Office: 617.573.5110
PGP Fingerprint: C951 AD93 5B9B 9C01 2098  9439 343B 9EC4 F336 265F

Re: Error Saving Services Registry

Posted by Jacob Gladish <gl...@laminarsoft.com>.

I had the same problem, and thanks goes to Adi Sakala for the help.
Find the web.xml config file and add this to the rpcrouter
servlet entry

<init-param>
         <param-name>ConfigFile</param-name>
         <param-value>E:\soap.xml</param-value>
</init-param>

change the nt path name to point at your soap.xml config file,and in
there put a pointer to the DeployedServices.ds

<soapServer>
  <!-- This section defines the same thing you get if you don't -->
  <!-- specify anything at all - aka the default                -->
  <configManager value="org.apache.soap.server.DefaultConfigManager"

    <option name="filename" value="C:\temp\DeployedServices.ds" />
  </configManager>
</soapServer>

if this doesn't work, I have no clue..

jake