Posted to dev@dubbo.apache.org by Liujie Qin <li...@apache.org> on 2020/03/18 03:42:18 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Dubbo 2.7.6 RC2

Hello Dubbo Community,

This is a call for vote to release Apache Dubbo version 2.7.6.

The release candidates:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/dubbo/dubbo/2.7.6/

The staging repo:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachedubbo-1087

Git tag for the release:
https://github.com/apache/dubbo/tree/dubbo-2.7.6

Hash for the release tag:
df7f6cab83f7468b7c6cfbc61f89350718a1449d

Release Notes:
https://github.com/apache/dubbo/releases/tag/dubbo-2.7.6

The artifacts have been signed with Key : D8FFB831, which can be found in
the keys file:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/dubbo/KEYS

The vote will be open for at least 72 hours or until necessary number of
votes are reached.

Please vote accordingly:

[ ] +1 approve
[ ] +0 no opinion
[ ] -1 disapprove with the reason

Thanks,
The Apache Dubbo Team

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Dubbo 2.7.6 RC2

Posted by Mercy Ma <me...@gmail.com>.
Justin,

    Sorry for that, those classes were written by me since 2.7.6 because
I make a mistake using the wrong template code with the different headers.
I have refactored those classes with the right license headers.

Kind regards,
Mercy

--

*Mercy Ma*
GMail:mercyblitz@gmail.com

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Dubbo 2.7.6 RC2

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

> Very good question, we are trying to contact the original author for the
> same question.

It may be they come some other company repo going by headers here [1] but I cannot find the exact file, perhaps it’s an internal repo? It odd these files have that header.

Thanks,
Justin

1. https://github.com/search?q=%22Copyright+%28C%29+2018+the+original+author+or+authors.%22+org%3Aalibaba&type=Code

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Dubbo 2.7.6 RC2

Posted by Ian Luo <ia...@gmail.com>.
Justin,

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

> It does have the different license header than others, but I think it is
> fine. Pls. let me know if it is a show stopper for the current release.

See ASF header policy [1] ("note that there should be no copyright notice in the header") and policy on 3rd party files [2].

> These files are originally made by Dubbo team.

That may be the case but why does it have that copyright line? To me that implies this files come from somewhere else, if that is the case we need to know where they come form if if they were modified by the Dubbo team.

Posted by Ian Luo <ia...@gmail.com>.
Justin,

I randomly pick HttpUtils to quick check. It has the license header shown
below:

/*
 * Copyright (C) 2018 the original author or authors.
 *
 *
 *      https://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0
 *
 * limitations under the License.
 */

It does have the different license header than others, but I think it is
fine. Pls. let me know if it is a show stopper for the current release.
These files are originally made by Dubbo team. We can change the license
header to be consistent with the official one at any time.

Let me know your suggestion.

Thanks,
-Ian.

Posted by YunKun Huang <ht...@gmail.com>.
+1 approve

I have checked:

+ can compile from source
+ unit test pass in my PC
+ NOTICE LICENSE file exist

Another question for licenseCheck.sh
maybe this file should not include in zip, because it's just a script to
help us to find dependencies issue

Posted by Lonre Wang <lo...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by 胡云修 <hu...@gmail.com>.