Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by SteveKing <st...@gmx.ch> on 2005/04/15 18:30:26 UTC

committing and locks

Hi,

Since I don't have a windows binary of the CL client available right now
I ask here:

If a user has two files locked, one of them modified, do both files get
the lock removed if a 'svn ci' is done? Or just the modified one?
What happens with an 'svn ci file1 file2'?

And on another subject:
Will the 1.2 windows binary be built against the berkeley db 4.2 or 4.3?
I'd like to link TSVN against the same version the CL client does.

Stefan

--
        ___
   oo  // \\      "De Chelonian Mobile"

Re: committing and locks

Posted by "Brian W. Fitzpatrick" <fi...@collab.net>.
On Fri, 2005-04-15 at 14:03 -0500, Ben Collins-Sussman wrote:
> On Apr 15, 2005, at 1:56 PM, SteveKing wrote:
>
> > Ben Collins-Sussman wrote:
> > [snip]
> >
> > Thanks for the quick answer!
> >

> Thanks for a great GUI!

Group hug!

-Fitz

Re: committing and locks

Posted by Ben Collins-Sussman <su...@collab.net>.
On Apr 15, 2005, at 1:56 PM, SteveKing wrote:

> Ben Collins-Sussman wrote:
> [snip]
>
> Thanks for the quick answer!

Thanks for a great GUI!

Re: committing and locks

Posted by SteveKing <st...@gmx.ch>.
Ben Collins-Sussman wrote:
[snip]

Thanks for the quick answer!

Stefan

--
        ___

Re: committing and locks

Posted by Ben Collins-Sussman <su...@collab.net>.
On Apr 15, 2005, at 1:30 PM, SteveKing wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Since I don't have a windows binary of the CL client available right
> now I ask here:
>
> If a user has two files locked, one of them modified, do both files
> get the lock removed if a 'svn ci' is done?

Yes, we decided that 'svn commit' will, by default, release any locks
that it discovers while walking over the working copy -- even if the
files are unmodified.

This behavior can be overridden with 'svn ci --no-unlock'.  There's
also a runtime option in ~/.subversion/config for it.

> What happens with an 'svn ci file1 file2'?

The modified file's changes are committed, and both locks are released.

> And on another subject:
> Will the 1.2 windows binary be built against the berkeley db 4.2 or
> 4.3? I'd like to link TSVN against the same version the CL client
> does.

For 1.1.x, it's always been BDB 4.2.52.  For 1.2, it will be 4.3.27.