Posted to user@mahout.apache.org by Lance Norskog <go...@gmail.com> on 2011/02/18 06:36:43 UTC

Clustering line segments

I would like to uncover the vector that has "chick flix" at one end
and Star Trek at the other. How would one attempt to cluster line
segments instead of points?

Suppose we isolate a set of "I like this / I hate that" pairs.
Representing each item as a point, the line segment between the points
is what I want to cluster. A cluster would be a longer line segment,
all co-directional but not necessarily near each other.

--
Lance Norskog
goksron@gmail.com

Re: Clustering line segments

Posted by Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com>.
If you have a linear distinction like this in mind, then the best option is
probably to just build a classifier from examples you have in mind.