Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Tim Diggle <ti...@gmail.com> on 2017/03/14 03:04:40 UTC

[FlexJS] Subflash, a clone of the Flash API for Flex JS, progress and questions

Hi all,

I've been working on wrapping the existing create JS support in Flex JS in
an API structure which is identical to the Flash API - the hope is that
eventually this will make it easy to port legacy FLash projects to Flex JS.

I've managed to get some basic support for graphical shapes and loading
bitmaps, but the compiling seems very temperamental, in particular it seems
to not include the needed javascript includes if I call the API classes
from anywhere other than the root main class of a program.

I've put the whole thing on Github under a BSD license and included a read
me showing how to build the SWC and a description of how to repro the
issues I'm having. I was wondering if any of you would like to try and
build it - anyone who can see if I'm missing a key step in building the
framework SWC which is causing it to miss linkages etc?

If you look at the project source, you can see that the majority of it is
cloning the classes and function calls from the AS3 reference, usually
wrapping an equivalent from Flex JS. Eventually I'll probably move to Web
GL for performance.

Also, please let me know if there's a similar initiative further along that
I can contribute to instead? I haven't seen anything. If not, if anyone
wants to help out then great.

Github project here:

https://github.com/tdprogramming/subflash/

Thanks all

Tim

Re: [FlexJS] Subflash, a clone of the Flash API for Flex JS, progress and questions

Posted by lizhi <sl...@qq.com>.
hi @Carlos.
it is most same of createjs.
and the createjs mixable with flexjs.
and the same of the spriteflexjs

-----
spriteflexjs.com

Re: [FlexJS] Subflash, a clone of the Flash API for Flex JS, progress and questions

Posted by lizhi <sl...@qq.com>.
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/FLEX/Using+CreateJS+with+FlexJS

-----
spriteflexjs.com

Re: [FlexJS] Subflash, a clone of the Flash API for Flex JS, progress and questions

Posted by Carlos Rovira <ca...@codeoscopic.com>.
Hi Tim,

as Alex and Josh, said there's a similar project :SpriteFlexJS

the problem with that project is that is difficult to mix with other FlexJS
stuff, at least in my experience.
Another problem is that is not "maven-ready" and that is, for many of us,
imperative in order to be able to use in serious projects.

Thanks for sharing. Let us know further movements for you part regarding
subflash or spriteflexjs.
I think a library like that will be a great addition to FlexJS, so it would
be a great effort to bring to the community.

Thanks!

Carlos

--

Carlos Rovira
Director General

proceda a su destrucción.

necesaria.

Re: [FlexJS] Subflash, a clone of the Flash API for Flex JS, progress and questions

Posted by Josh Tynjala <jo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.
Hi Tim,