Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Douglas Ferguson <do...@epsiia.com> on 2006/09/12 17:50:18 UTC

eclipse:eclipse - adding to classpath

Is there a way to specifically add a jar to the classpath when running
eclipse:eclipse?

If I�m not running in snapshot mode, I need to add
jar-with-dependencies, but if I am running in snapshot mode, I don�t wan
to add it, I use project dependencies.

I tried defining the dependency inside the eclipse plugin section, but
eclipse:eclipse doesn�t include those in the .classpath.

D-

RE: eclipse:eclipse - adding to classpath

Posted by Douglas Ferguson <do...@epsiia.com>.
I realized that I could do it via profiles, but I didn't want the developer to have to know to provide the profile. I'd rather them run eclipse:eclipse and have it work out the box.

I think a neat maven feature would be to be able to enable a profile for a specific plugin.

D-

> Is there a way to specifically add a jar to the classpath when running
> eclipse:eclipse?
>

> If I_m not running in snapshot mode, I need to add
> jar-with-dependencies, but if I am running in snapshot mode, I don_t wan
> to add it, I use project dependencies.
>

> I tried defining the dependency inside the eclipse plugin section, but
> eclipse:eclipse doesn_t include those in the .classpath.
>

> D-

Good day to you, Douglas,

I think the key to your problem is to use profiles. You may want to take a
look at [1] for more info about it :-)

Cheers,
Franz

[1]
http://maven.apache.org/guides/introduction/introduction-to-profiles.html

Re: eclipse:eclipse - adding to classpath

Posted by franz see <fr...@gmail.com>.