Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Shamli <sh...@aztecsoft.com> on 2006/09/29 13:32:10 UTC

negative queue size

I am using ActiveMQ4.0.1 and viewing the queues using JConsole. After the
messages are fired and processed, i am getting negative consumer queue size
(-989). What does this imply?

Re: negative queue size

Posted by Shamli <sh...@aztecsoft.com>.
I am sending 30 messages per second for a duration of 30 minutes. The
scenario is i send a message which goes into the queue and gets processed
and i get my response message. The application context xml is as such :

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE beans PUBLIC "-//SPRING//DTD BEAN//EN"
"http://www.springframework.org/dtd/spring-beans.dtd">

<beans>

	<!-- JMS ConnectionFactory -->

	<bean id="jmsConnectionFactory"
class="org.apache.activemq.pool.PooledConnectionFactory"
destroy-method="stop">
		<property name="connectionFactory">
			<bean class="org.apache.activemq.ActiveMQConnectionFactory"
destroy-method="stop">
		   </bean>
		</property>
	</bean>

	<bean id="gateInQueue" class="org.apache.activemq.command.ActiveMQQueue">
		<property name="physicalName">
			<value>GateIn</value>
		</property>
	</bean>

	<bean id="providerInQueue"
class="org.apache.activemq.command.ActiveMQQueue">
		<property name="physicalName">
			<value>ProviderIn</value>
		</property>
	</bean>
</beans>

In JConsole i see that consumer queue that is 'provider in' queue shows
proper dequeue rate but queue size is negative, that is loss of messages.
The dequeue size + negative consumer queue size = total number of messages
sent.

Re: negative queue size

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.