Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org> on 2013/10/14 22:13:23 UTC

[compress] Clirr (was Re: [VOTE] Release Commons Compress 1.6)

On 2013-10-14, Oliver Heger wrote:

> Am 14.10.2013 06:11, schrieb Stefan Bodewig:
>> On 2013-10-13, Oliver Heger wrote:

>>> When I build the site locally, I get a different clirr report showing 9
>>> errors because some public methods have been made final.

>> Strange.  Why would Clirr create different reports?  We're supposed to
>> be using the same versions of Clirr, aren't we?

>> Can you make your Clirr reports available so we can evaluate whether we
>> should fix those additional errors in a second RC?

> I have no clue why Clirr produces different results for me, and the
> errors it reports look indeed a bit strange.

> I uploaded my results of mvn site:site (using JDK 1.7 - maybe this is
> the reason for the difference?) to [1]

> [1] http://people.apache.org/~oheger/compress-site/

Thanks!

For the site build I tend to use OpenJDK 7 - the release artifacts have
been built on a different machine than the site.

All "extra" errors are about the values method of enums.  The code
hasn't changed, maybe your compiler creates final values methods in
enums while the one used to build 1.5 did not?

Stefan