Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Doug MacEachern <do...@covalent.net> on 2001/01/06 03:30:54 UTC

checking out apr and apr-util

i tried checking out with cvs -r as brian suggested, but that doesn't
work:
cvs server: Updating apr
cvs server: failed to create lock directory for `/home/cvs/apr'
(/home/cvs/apr/#cvs.lock): Permission denied
cvs server: failed to obtain dir lock in repository `/home/cvs/apr'
cvs [server aborted]: read lock failed - giving up

cvs server: Updating apr-util
cvs server: failed to create lock directory for `/home/cvs/apr-util'
(/home/cvs/apr-util/#cvs.lock): Permission denied
cvs server: failed to obtain dir lock in repository `/home/cvs/apr-util'
cvs [server aborted]: read lock failed - giving up

an httpd-2.0/README.cvs with docs on how to check all this stuff out with
anoncvs would be useful too.

Re: checking out apr and apr-util

Posted by Greg Stein <gs...@lyra.org>.
On Sun, Jan 07, 2001 at 02:14:58PM -0800, Marc Slemko wrote:
> On Sun, 7 Jan 2001, Greg Stein wrote:
> > On Sun, Jan 07, 2001 at 02:08:39PM -0800, Marc Slemko wrote:
> > > Oh yea.  Now I remember.  Oops.
> > >
> > > The answer is to install freebsd.  Or maybe openbsd.
> >
> > Eh? Is it a platform-specific change to CVS?
>
> Yes.  Rather, to the cvs that comes with that particular platform.
>
> So you could just use the version of cvs in the freebsd cvs tree compiled
> on your platform...
>
> Or we find a better way to deal with this.

Yah... just use the anonymous pserver to check the stuff out. It works well
enough. Sander's rsync method is another approach, but (personally) I'm not
about to rsync the darn CVS repositories to my system...

Cheers,
-g

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/

Re: checking out apr and apr-util

Posted by Doug MacEachern <do...@covalent.net>.
On Mon, 15 Jan 2001, dean gaudet wrote:

> On Sun, 7 Jan 2001, Marc Slemko wrote:
>
> > So you could just use the version of cvs in the freebsd cvs tree compiled
> > on your platform...
> >
> > Or we find a better way to deal with this.
>
> such as giving everyone access to apr and apr-util?

yes, please.  i've been trying all morning to update my 2.0 tree, chugs
along and hangs or dies when getting to anoncvs stuff:

cvs server: Updating srclib/apr-util/test
cvs [update aborted]: waiting for process 11169: No child processes

Re: checking out apr and apr-util

Posted by dean gaudet <dg...@arctic.org>.
On Sun, 7 Jan 2001, Marc Slemko wrote:

> So you could just use the version of cvs in the freebsd cvs tree compiled
> on your platform...
>
> Or we find a better way to deal with this.

such as giving everyone access to apr and apr-util?

-dean

Re: checking out apr and apr-util

Posted by Marc Slemko <ma...@znep.com>.

Posted by Greg Stein <gs...@lyra.org>.

Posted by Marc Slemko <ma...@znep.com>.
On Sun, 7 Jan 2001, Doug MacEachern wrote:

> hmm, i just installed:
> ftp://ftp.cvshome.org/pub/cvs-1.11/cvs-1.11.tar.gz
>
> % cvs -v
>
> Concurrent Versions System (CVS) 1.11 (client/server)
>
> still complains:
> cvs: invalid option -- R

Oh yea.  Now I remember.  Oops.

The answer is to install freebsd.  Or maybe openbsd.

Sigh.  Clearly suboptimal.

Re: checking out apr and apr-util

Posted by Marc Slemko <ma...@znep.com>.
On Sun, 7 Jan 2001, Doug MacEachern wrote:

> On Sat, 6 Jan 2001, Greg Stein wrote:
>
> > Capital R, people... cvs -R <whatever>
>
> yeah, i tried that first:
>
> % cd srclib && cvs -R -d `cat CVS/Root` co apr
> cvs: invalid option -- R
>
> % cvs -v
>
> Concurrent Versions System (CVS) 1.9.28 (client/server)
>
> guess i need to upgrade my client?

Yes.  1.9.28 is pretty old.

And ISTR that some versions that had -R didn't quite work 100% readonly
for some reason.  But either it was fixed in later versions or it doesn't
matter in this situation I guess...

Re: checking out apr and apr-util

Posted by Doug MacEachern <do...@covalent.net>.

Posted by Greg Stein <gs...@lyra.org>.

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/

Re: checking out apr and apr-util

Posted by Ben Hyde <bh...@pobox.com>.

Posted by Sander van Zoest <sa...@covalent.net>.
On Fri, 5 Jan 2001, Doug MacEachern wrote:

> i tried checking out with cvs -r as brian suggested, but that doesn't
> work:
> an httpd-2.0/README.cvs with docs on how to check all this stuff out with
> anoncvs would be useful too.

I actually use rsync to get the cvsroot files and then use that as my
cvsroot to check out a copy on my local machine. Works like a charm.

--
Sander van Zoest                                         [sander@covalent.net]
Covalent Technologies, Inc.                           http://www.covalent.net/