Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Nux! <nu...@li.nux.ro> on 2014/03/02 12:21:11 UTC

Another active pool with the same uuid already exists, Unable to setup the local storage pool for Host

Hi,

On yesterday's 4.3 branch build I started to get these errors after I
modified and restarted the agent to include vm.memballoon.disable=true:

http://fpaste.org/81624/37590781/raw/

The agent/hypervisor doesn't seem too concerned:
2014-03-02 11:19:39,779{GMT} DEBUG [kvm.storage.LibvirtStorageAdaptor]
(Agent-Handler-1:) Found existing defined storage pool
e209798f-9bbe-4c78-9c1a-74c53c1bbd04, using it.

I'll try to revert to latest RC (rev4440) and see if that works better.

Nux!
www.nux.ro

Re: Another active pool with the same uuid already exists, Unable to setup the local storage pool for Host

Posted by Marcus <sh...@gmail.com>.
I remember seeing this in the past. You can probably find some info on
the list. The KVM side is simply saying 'this storage is already
registered with libvirt', but the management server seems to think
this is a brand new host/agent and is failing to register the local
storage pool since there's already a primary storage pool defined. At
least that's what I'm vaguely remembering. It would be interesting to
know if this is indeed local storage, and if so I'll bet
removing/re-adding the host in the mgmt server would fix it. I don't
currently have the knowledge about the local storage listener/storage
framework in the mgmt server to know how to fix this.