Posted to docs-dev@perl.apache.org by Bill Moseley <mo...@hank.org> on 2002/07/21 23:57:40 UTC

File not found! page

For the short term, how about adding a note about /release was temporary
and to try the same URL without /release?

Or, what about doing a rewrite & redirect for ^/release?

Google has /release indexed.
--
Bill Moseley
mailto:moseley@hank.org

Re: File not found! page

Posted by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org>.
Bill Moseley wrote:
> For the short term, how about adding a note about /release was temporary
> and to try the same URL without /release?
>
> Or, what about doing a rewrite & redirect for ^/release?
>
> Google has /release indexed.

Well, we don't want to do the rewrite because that way people won't
update their links. We have announced that /release was temporary and
the 404.html page does have a note about the re-org.