Posted to dev@mina.apache.org by "이희승 (Trustin Lee)" <tr...@gmail.com> on 2008/02/12 07:18:52 UTC

MINA at JavaOne 2008 - idea wanted

Hi,

I was invited as a speaker of JavaOne 2008 and will speak about Apache
MINA there.  Please feel free to contact me to give me some idea about
what you want to hear about MINA if you have any plan to attend this
year's JavaOne.

Cheers,
Trustin
http://gleamynode.net/

Re: MINA at JavaOne 2008 - idea wanted

Posted by Mike Heath <mh...@apache.org>.
Jeff Genender wrote:
> Yeah I am in agreement with Mike.  An architectural overview...and an
> example (heck use AHC vs HttpClient) and show how it scales.  That will
> get ooohs and ahhhs.
> Jeff

+1, using a protocol that a lot of developers people are actually
familiar with would help a lot.

-Mike

Posted by Jeff Genender <jg...@apache.org>.

Posted by Mike Heath <mh...@apache.org>.

Posted by Adam Fisk <a...@littleshoot.org>.
I think it would be also interesting to discuss the higher-level
appeal of MINA.  For anyone not familiar with it at the talk, I think
the amazing thing about MINA is how easily you can create really
robust, high performance clients and servers for any protocol
extremely quickly -- the advantages of the abstractions in the API.

It gives developers incredible latitude to implement existing
protocols and/or to create completely new ones.  That's a huge gift
and a major boost for maximizing the creative potential of developers
on the Internet.

-Adam

--
http://www.littleshoot.org