Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Chris Burroughs <ch...@gmail.com> on 2014/03/05 18:02:25 UTC

Re: Thrift Server Implementations

On 02/13/2014 01:37 PM, Christopher Wirt wrote:
> Anyway, today I moved the old HsHa implementation and the new
> TThreadSelectorServer into a 2.0.5 checkout, hooked them in, built, did a
> bit of testing and I'm now running live.
>

> We found the TThreadSelectorServer performed the best getting us back under
> our SLA.

Are you still running with the upstream TThreadSelectorServer?  Based on
your experience is there any reason Cassandra should not adapt it.

RE: Thrift Server Implementations

Posted by Christopher Wirt <ch...@struq.com>.
Yes I am still running thrift 0.9 TThreadedSelectorServer without any serious problems.

I didn't realise before, but the old Cassandra CustomTHsHaServer implementation is very similar to TTSS. So this could easily be seen as a step backwards.

But given my current situation I'd love to see TTSS as an option.

The idea was mentioned in the comments here https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-6285