Posted to users@openjpa.apache.org by joe <fi...@yahoo.de> on 2010/06/28 16:28:21 UTC

MaxDB and OpenJPA

Hi,

For unit tests i like to set the following property in the
persistence.xml file:

<properties>
value="buildSchema(SchemaAction='dropDB,add')" />
</properties>

This works for Derby and Oracle but it doesn't work for MaxDB.

I looked at:
http://openjpa.apache.org/builds/1.0.2/apache-openjpa-1.0.2/docs/manual/ref_guide_dbsetup_dbsupport.html

So it looks like schema generation is not supported for MaxDB.
Is it planned for JPA, especially for a 1.2.x?

RE: MaxDB and OpenJPA

Posted by C N Davies <cn...@cndavies.com>.
Oh Ok ... hmm I haven't used dropping because I like to keep the old
data/schema even I am not using it.

I just checked the manual regarding the mapping tool (this property uses)
and  I think you need to change your action stuff. Check Pg 262 of the 1.2.x
manual (pdf version) .   It looks like I does support what you want but not
with your setup.

Hth

Chris

Posted by joe <fi...@yahoo.de>.
Hi,

RE: MaxDB and OpenJPA

Posted by C N Davies <cn...@cndavies.com>.
Joe I am not sure exactly what your question is, is it the "SchemaAction" or
is it more generally the SynchronizeMappings  property? Anyway, I use MaxDB
with  this setting on 1.2.2 and 2.0 perfectly fine.

value="buildSchema(ForeignKeys=true)" />

Always use build time enhancement or buy a lotto ticket instead!

Chris