Posted to user@geronimo.apache.org by "Chen, Xudong" <xu...@hp.com> on 2012/10/29 23:24:00 UTC

Developing Java EE and Enterprise OSGi Applications with Apache Geronimo

Hi there,

Theoretically in Geronimo 3.0, EJB and OSGi bundle can reference each other but I have yet found any tutorial after googling quite extensively. The sample code I located at

http://aries.apache.org/downloads/currentrelease.html

has an EJB BlogCommentEJB, but it does not seem to be working with Geronimo 3.0. After much deliberation, I managed to deploy the blog sample on Geronimo Server 3.0, but I cannot make the EJB (BlogCommentEJB) part work - the original code does not seem to deploy the EJB bundle. The complaint I got is:

INFO  [ReferenceRecipe] Timeout expired when waiting for OSGi service (objectClass=org.apache.aries.samples.blog.api.comment.persistence.BlogCommentService)

Is there something missing in the sample code as it's not specifically written for Geronimo? Could someone help pointing me to some (EJB and bundle) sample code?

Thank you very much.

Xudong

Re: Developing Java EE and Enterprise OSGi Applications with Apache Geronimo

Posted by X Xudong <xu...@yahoo.com>.
What’s missing in the sample code is a blueprint file in the ejb project
associating the EJBs with the corresponding interfaces. The ejb project also
needs to be packaged in the relevant eba file.