Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Tim Shadel <ti...@zserve.com> on 2003/04/01 01:47:05 UTC

Re: Does a degree matter?

Craig R. McClanahan wrote:
>   Any specific
>   technology you learn in your first year is going to be totally
>   obsolete by the time you graduate from the program anyway, so why
>   bother?

I dunno.  I took a senior level course in Sept of 2000 that taught
Struts version 0.5.  It's helped me get this job, and radically change
the tecnology of my last job! :-)

Tim

Re: Does a degree matter?

Posted by Alexandre Jaquet <al...@freesurf.ch>.

a read actuall a nice book called Underworld Survival Guide he got's

some nice tip :

FREE EDUCATION

      Usually when you ask somebody in college why they are there, they'll
tell you it's to get an education. The truth of it is, they are there to get
the degree so that they can get ahead in the rat race. Too many college
radicals are two-timing punks. The only reason you should be in college is
to destroy it. If there is stuff that you want to learn though, there is a
way to get a college education absolutely free. Simply send away for the
schedule of courses at the college of your choice. Make up the schedule you
want and audit the classes. In smaller classes this might be a problem, but
even then, if, the teacher is worth anything at all, he'll let you stay. In
large classes, no one will ever object.If you need books for a course, write
to the publisher claiming you are a lecturer at some school and considering
using their book in your course. They will always send you free books.There
are Free Universities springing up all over our new Nation. Anybody can
teach any course. People sign up for the courses and sometimes pay a token
registration fee. This money is used to publish a catalogue and pay the
rent. If you're on welfare you don't have to pay. You can take as many or as
few courses as you want. Classes are held everywhere: in the instructor's
house, in the park, on the beach, at one of the student's houses or in
liberated buildings. Free Universities offer courses ranging from Astrology
to the Use of Firearms. The teaching is usually of excellent quality and
you'll learn in a community-type atmosphere.

LIST OF FREE UNIVERSITIES

      ¥ Alternative University-69 W. 14th St., New York, NY 10011 (catalogue
on request)

      ¥ Baltimore Free U-c/o Harry, 233 E. 25th St., Baltimore, Maryland
21218

      ¥ Berkeley Free U-1703 Grove St., Berkeley, California 94709

      ¥ Bowling Green Free U-c/o Student Council, University of Bowling
Green, Bowling Green                  Ohio 43402

      ¥ Colorado State Free U-Box 12-Fraisen, Colorado State College,
Greeley, Colorado 80631       ¥ Detroit Area Free U-Student Union, 4001 W.
McNichols Rd., Detroit, Michigan 48221

      ¥ Detroit Area Free U-343 University Center, Wayne State University,
Detroit, Mich.

      ¥ Georgetown Free U-Loyola Bldg., 28, Georgetown University Washington
D.C. 20007

      ¥ Golden Gate Free U-2120 Market St., Rm. 206, San Francisco,
California 94114

      ¥ Heliotrope-2201 Filbert, San Francisco, California 94118

      ¥ Illinois Free U-298A Illini Union, University of Illinois,
Champaign, Illinois 61820

      ¥ Kansas Free U-107 W. 7th St., Lawrence, Kansas 66044

      ¥ Knox College Free U-Galesbury, Illinois 60401

      ¥ Madison Free U-c/o P. Carroll, 1205 Shorewood Blvd., Madison,
Wisconsin 53705

      ¥ Metropolitan State Free U-Associated Students, 1345 Banrock St.,
Denver, Colorado 80204       ¥ Michigan State Free U-Associated Students,
Student Service Bldg., Michigan State         College, East Lansing,
Michigan 48823

      ¥ Mid-Peninsula Free U-1060 El Camino Real, Menlo Park, California
94015

      ¥ Minnesota Free U-1817 S. 3rd St., Minneapolis, Minnesota 55404

      ¥ Monterey Peninsula Free U-2120 Etna Place, Monterey, California

        New Free U-Box ALL 303, Santa Barbara, California 93107

      ¥ Northwest Free U-Box 1255, Bellingham, Washington 98225

      ¥ Ohio-Wesleyan Free U-Box 47-Welsh Hall, Ohio Wesleyan University,
Delevan, Ohio 43015       ¥ Pittsburgh Free U-4401 Fifth Ave., Pittsburgh,
Pennsylvania 15213Rutgers Free U-Rutgers       College, Student Center, 1
Lincoln Ave., Newark, NJ 07102

      ¥ St. Louis Free U-c/o Student Congress, 3rd floor BMC, St. Louis
University, St. Louis,        Missouri 63103

      ¥ San Luis Obispo Free U-Box 1305, San Luis Obispo, California 94301

      ¥ Santa Cruz Free U-604 River St., Santa Cruz, California 95060

      ¥ Seattle Free U-4144¸ University Way NE, Seattle, Washington 98105 ¥
Southern Illinois         Free U-Carbondale, Illinois 62901

      ¥ Valley Free U-2045 N. Wishon Ave., Fresno, California 93704

      ¥ Washington Area Free U-5519 Prospect Place, Chevy Chase, Maryland
20015 and 1854 Park         Rd. NW, Washington, D.C. 20010

      ¥ Wayne-Locke Free U-Student Congress, University of Texas, Arlington,
Texas 76010

      And a complete list of experimental schools, free universities, free
schools, can be obtained by sending one dollar to ALTERNATIVES! 1526
Gravenstein Highway N., Sebastopol, California 97452, and requesting the
Directory of Free Schools.