Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Alin Dosoniu <ad...@hotmail.com> on 2006/01/18 15:50:20 UTC

s:selectManyPicklist's value is required to be String[]?

Hello,

I am interested if the value attribute of a s:selectManyPicklist is required to be a String[].

My managed been is returning a Long[] for value of selectManyPicklist and I can correctly select some values from the available list. But when trying to edit the selected list, reenter on page or try to edit the record, the selected list of selectManyPicklist is empty, all the values are in the available list.
I have to mention that if the managed bean is returning String[], then the selectManyPicklist component is working correctly.

And one more question:
Is it possible to have the available list on the right and selected list on the left side?

Thank you for your answers,
Alin.

Re: s:selectManyPicklist's value is required to be String[]?

Posted by Alin Dosoniu <ad...@hotmail.com>.
Hi,

I investigated a little HtmlPicklistRenderer class. I cannot see any
problems. Maybe I have a problem in my code.
Since the component is working with String[] I will use it with String[] and
I will try to investigate the problem when will have some free time.

Thank you for your help,
Alin.

The component selectManyPicklist extends from selectManyListbox, so
expect the same behaviour except on rendering. Currently the
selectManyPicklist is only a new renderer and no new functionality has
been added to the component.

> > And one more question:
> > Is it possible to have the available list on the right and selected list
> > on
> > the left side?

It is not possible now, but it wouldn't be hard to add that. Feel free
to improve it and we will commit the patches :-)

Regards,

Bruno

Posted by Bruno Aranda <br...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mike Kienenberger <mk...@gmail.com>.