Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Carsten Schinzer <c....@gmail.com> on 2012/11/17 18:05:37 UTC

Key-Encryption-key support, r1334257

Hello all,

I do have issues with this as follows:

After downloading the latest trunk for my monthly merge release I do find
issues with my tenant data sources as the framework complains, kekText was
too short (not to say NULL). Digging deeper I finally found out that it
should be possible to generate respective keys for each delegator using
org.ofbiz.crypto.Main class which is designed to be a standalone
commandline class. So I invoked it as :

> java -cp ofbiz.jar org.ofbiz.base.crypto.Main -kek
org/ofbiz/base/crypto
/Main
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.ofbiz.base.crypto.Main
Could not find the main class: org.ofbiz.base.crypto.Main.  Program will
exit.

Now this is surprising as this class definitely is in the respective
package and jar file.
Anything I am not seeing here?

Running this very class directly off my Eclipse IDE results in the same
Exception by the way.

On top of this, the documentation available on this important feature is
extremely slim (to say the least), however any tenant setup from before
this commit will not be able to run any more apparently. So I find it would
be good to release such features only *with* sufficient documentation, at
least on the JIRA.

Adam's comment on
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/ofbiz-dev/201205.mbox/%3C4FA8404A.8060104@brainfood.com%3E
underlines this and I would be happy to help, however without an even
initial howto and working code I do have difficulty to provide that.

Also: Is the a JIRA reference for this feature enhancement?

Kind regards

Carsten

Re: Key-Encryption-key support, r1334257

Posted by Carsten Schinzer <c....@gmail.com>.
Well it definitely did not feel 'smooth' but whether this was because I
misinterpreted the filed and filled with other stuff or implicit I do not
know.
I have created a kek for each Tenant, loaded the data to the
tenant-database and off it went. Some hickups then, but likely unrelated to
this one and rather due to the patch-up to current trunk which I tend to to
on a monthly basis.

I shall add some lines to the Multitenancy page then.

Thanks & regards

Carsten

Posted by Adam Heath <do...@brainfood.com>.

Posted by Carsten Schinzer <c....@gmail.com>.