Posted to dev@ignite.apache.org by Dmitriy Setrakyan <ds...@apache.org> on 2015/02/12 03:06:56 UTC

state of examples in ignite build

Hello Igniters,

I just tried to do a build and run examples for Ignite and could not get
them to work. I am using Idea14 with a daily snapshot build.

Here are the issues I have run into:

   1. Scala examples do not compile (as usual). Can we fix them once and
   for all? Also, why aren't these examples turned off by default in a
   separate maven profile?

   2. Whenever I turn on "java8" profile, java7 examples get excluded. Why?
   Java8 should be fully compatible with Java7.

   3. I tried to do maven "package" and got constant build failures, that I
   could not resolve.

We need to address these issues before the release.

D.

Re: state of examples in ignite build

Posted by Alexey Kuznetsov <ak...@gridgain.com>.
Scala profile is fixed (cherry picked from sprint-32) yesterday and will be
merged today after QA and review.

--
Alexey Kuznetsov
GridGain Systems