Posted to dev@turbine.apache.org by Peter Donald <do...@apache.org> on 2001/10/18 11:04:47 UTC

[Torque] Access SQL generator

Hi,

I need to generate to generate sql for the access "database" so I went ahead
and did it as none of the others seem to work. Quite possibly I screwed
something up (first time using velocity) but it works for me. However I
haven't tested indexes though it looks right ;)

--
Cheers,

Pete

 I just got lost in thought... It was unfamiliar territory.

Re: [Torque] Access SQL generator

Posted by Peter Donald <do...@apache.org>.
On Mon, 22 Oct 2001 14:15, Jon Stevens wrote:
> on 10/21/01 2:20 PM, "Daniel Rall" <dl...@finemaltcoding.com> wrote:
> > Peter Donald <do...@apache.org> writes:
> >> I need to generate to generate sql for the access "database" so I went
> >> ahead and did it as none of the others seem to work. Quite possibly I
> >> screwed something up (first time using velocity) but it works for me.
> >> However I haven't tested indexes though it looks right ;)
> >
> > I think we used to have support for MS Access, but dropped it for some
> > reason (?).  Perhaps I'm not remembering correctly--can someone else
> > comment?
>
> Because it is a piece of shit?

+100000000000000000 ;)

> No really...we dropped support for it because there were some JDBC driver
> issues.

It also doesn't support default values.

Besides it breaks very easily ;(

--
Cheers,

Pete

Re: [Torque] Access SQL generator

Posted by Daniel Rall <dl...@finemaltcoding.com>.
Jon Stevens <jo...@latchkey.com> writes:

> on 10/21/01 2:20 PM, "Daniel Rall" <dl...@finemaltcoding.com> wrote:
>
>> Peter Donald <do...@apache.org> writes:
>>
>>> I need to generate to generate sql for the access "database" so I went ahead
>>> and did it as none of the others seem to work. Quite possibly I screwed
>>> something up (first time using velocity) but it works for me. However I
>>> haven't tested indexes though it looks right ;)
>>
>> I think we used to have support for MS Access, but dropped it for some
>> reason (?).  Perhaps I'm not remembering correctly--can someone else
>> comment?
>
> Because it is a piece of shit?

I mean, besides the obvious.  ;-]

> No really...we dropped support for it because there were some JDBC driver
> issues.

Yes, that was it.  The JDBC driver issues had everyone and their
mother sending in stack traces (and never any patches for the random
problems they were having).  It wasn't worth the noise on the list,
and none of the commiters use it.

Re: [Torque] Access SQL generator

Posted by Jon Stevens <jo...@latchkey.com>.
on 10/21/01 2:20 PM, "Daniel Rall" <dl...@finemaltcoding.com> wrote:

> Peter Donald <do...@apache.org> writes:
>
>> I need to generate to generate sql for the access "database" so I went ahead
>> and did it as none of the others seem to work. Quite possibly I screwed
>> something up (first time using velocity) but it works for me. However I
>> haven't tested indexes though it looks right ;)
>
> I think we used to have support for MS Access, but dropped it for some
> reason (?).  Perhaps I'm not remembering correctly--can someone else
> comment?

Because it is a piece of shit?

No really...we dropped support for it because there were some JDBC driver
issues.

-jon

Re: [Torque] Access SQL generator

Posted by Daniel Rall <dl...@finemaltcoding.com>.