Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by Lichti <ch...@gmx.at> on 2010/04/19 13:18:33 UTC

Using log4j with JavaFX and Netbeans 6.8

Hello,
I'm trying to use log4j within a JavaFX project using NetBeans 6.8.
I've donwloaded the .zip file from the Apache website and added the
log4j-1.2.16.jar to the project's libraries.
Then I added the imports:

import org.apache.log4j.Logger;
import org.apache.log4j.BasicConfigurator;

But using the Logger class does not work:

def log:Logger = Logger.getLogger("MyApp.class");

NetBeans says 'cannot find symbol'

When I'm doing the same things within a Java project, everything works fine.

What am I doing wrong?
thanks