Posted to user@guacamole.apache.org by fi...@gmail.com on 2020/04/01 03:29:49 UTC

Password-Prompt for RDP-Connections

Can someone share screen shot or sample of the configuration where it has
LDAP configuration with tokens?

Thank you in advance.

RE: Password-Prompt for RDP-Connections

Posted by fi...@gmail.com.
Thanks Nick for the reply.

In the Dec 19,2019 you mentioned the below and that what I am following up on, same subject matter.  My goal is not put the PW in the field and prefer to be prompted for it.

Yep, it is still in the works, not yet implemented.  I think it is getting closer, but won't be done in 1.2.0, and not even sure if it'll make it to 1.3.0, that will remain to be seen.  But it is a frequently-requested feature, so we'll try to get it done.

-Nick

Re: Password-Prompt for RDP-Connections

Posted by Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>.
On Wed, Apr 1, 2020 at 1:14 PM <fi...@gmail.com> wrote:

> In the Dec 19,2019 you mentioned the below and that what I am following up
> on, same subject matter.  My goal is not put the PW in the field and prefer
> to be prompted for it.

Yep, it is still in the works, not yet implemented.  I think it is getting
closer, but won't be done in 1.2.0, and not even sure if it'll make it to
1.3.0, that will remain to be seen.  But it is a frequently-requested
feature, so we'll try to get it done.

-Nick

RE: Password-Prompt for RDP-Connections

Posted by fi...@gmail.com.
Hi Nick, you have any suggestion to my last reply?

Posted by Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>.
On Wed, Apr 1, 2020 at 12:42 PM <fi...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Nick,
>

> Would it be something like the below? in the guacamole.properties file?

No, sorry, I misunderstood what you were asking, I think.  Can you clarify
what you mean by "LDAP configuration with tokens"?  I assumed you meant you
were storing connections in LDAP and wanted to know how to insert the
tokens into those LDAP entries, but it sounds like that's not the case.
Are you trying to pull particular attributes from LDAP and make those into
tokens?

-Nick

RE: Password-Prompt for RDP-Connections

Posted by fi...@gmail.com.
Hi Nick,

Would it be something like the below? in the guacamole.properties file?

ldap-hostname: 192.168.1.1

ldap-port: 389

ldap-encryption-method: none

ldap-search-bind-dn: CN=ldapuser,OU=Users,OU=Example Inc,DC=EXAMPLE,DC=COM

ldap-search-bind-password: examplepassword!

ldap-user-base-dn: DC=EXAMPLE,DC=COM

ldap-user-search-filter: (&(objectClass=*)(memberOf=CN=EXA_GUACAMOLE,OU=Groups,OU=Example Inc,DC=EXAMPLE,DC=COM))

ldap-username-attribute: samAccountName

ldap-follow-referrals: false

ldap-operation-timeout: 30

guacConfigParameter: username=${GUAC_USERNAME}

guacConfigParameter: password=${GUAC_PASSWORD}

Can someone share screen shot or sample of the configuration where it has LDAP configuration with tokens?

Thank you in advance.

I don't have an example of this, but, basically, you'd put a guacConfigParameter entry on the LDAP object that has "username=${GUAC_USERNAME}" and then another one for that has "password=${GUAC_PASSWORD}" - assuming you want to pass through both username and password.

-Nick

Re: Password-Prompt for RDP-Connections

Posted by Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>.