Posted to community@apache.org by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@codeconsult.ch> on 2004/01/16 10:54:49 UTC

Long and/or non-Apache posts on planetapache.org, is that ok?

Thanks Thom and team for planetapache.org!

Due to popular demand (one guy;-) my weblog is setup to send the whole
text of posts over RSS, and I just posted a loooooong text which I'm
afraid will take a lot of real estate on the
http://www.planetapache.org/ page.

Is this a problem for anyone, and if yes how to best handle this? I
don't want to change my weblog config, should planet show only the
first X chars of entries? Also, should we all setup our blogs so that
only Apache-related stuff is aggregated?

I'm happy with the current situation, I don't mind seeing other
people's long posts and/or posts which are not directly related to
Apache, but I'd hate to offend people with mine, so please speak up if
this is the case ;-)

Ciao,
-Bertrand

--
   Bertrand Delacretaz
   independent consultant, Lausanne, Switzerland

Re: Long and/or non-Apache posts on planetapache.org, is that ok?

Posted by Steven Noels <st...@outerthought.org>.
On Jan 16, 2004, at 10:54 AM, Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:

> Thanks Thom and team for planetapache.org!
>
> Due to popular demand (one guy;-) my weblog is setup to send the whole
> text of posts over RSS, and I just posted a loooooong text which I'm
> afraid will take a lot of real estate on the
> http://www.planetapache.org/ page.

Consider setting up a separate feed template (categorized perhaps,
abstract-only) for ApachePlanet.
http://www.hutteman.com/weblog/2003/03/07-49.html helped me for MT.

</Steven>
stevenn at outerthought.org                stevenn at apache.org

Re: Long and/or non-Apache posts on planetapache.org, is that ok?

Posted by Glen Stampoultzis <gs...@iinet.net.au>.
Fine with me.

At 08:54 PM 16/01/2004, you wrote:
>Thanks Thom and team for planetapache.org!
>
>Due to popular demand (one guy;-) my weblog is setup to send the whole
>text of posts over RSS, and I just posted a loooooong text which I'm
>afraid will take a lot of real estate on the http://www.planetapache.org/ page.
>
>Is this a problem for anyone, and if yes how to best handle this? I don't
>want to change my weblog config, should planet show only the first X chars
>of entries? Also, should we all setup our blogs so that only
>Apache-related stuff is aggregated?
>
>I'm happy with the current situation, I don't mind seeing other people's
>long posts and/or posts which are not directly related to Apache, but I'd
>hate to offend people with mine, so please speak up if this is the case ;-)
>
>Ciao,
>-Bertrand
>

>--
>   Bertrand Delacretaz
>   independent consultant, Lausanne, Switzerland
>   http://cvs.apache.org/~bdelacretaz/

Glen Stampoultzis
gstamp@iinet.net.au

Re: Long and/or non-Apache posts on planetapache.org, is that ok?

Posted by Rich Bowen <rb...@rcbowen.com>.
On Fri, 16 Jan 2004, Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:

> I'm happy with the current situation, I don't mind seeing other
> people's long posts and/or posts which are not directly related to
> Apache, but I'd hate to offend people with mine, so please speak up if
> this is the case ;-)

Blogs that don't offend people are *boring*. ;-)

--
Who can say where the road goes
Where the day flows