Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Thomas Nybro Bolding <th...@danskebank.dk> on 2004/02/05 09:06:30 UTC

Vedr.: RE: VM settings in windows service

You do NOT have to reinstall Tomcat.

It appears to be case sensitive so use -Xmx256m

/Thomas

"STOCKHOLM, Raymond" <R....@aubay.lu>
04-02-2004 18:12
Besvar venligst til "Tomcat Users List"

        Til:    "Tomcat Users List" <to...@jakarta.apache.org>
        cc:
        Vedr.:  RE: VM settings in windows service

You must re-install your tomcat service with the options you want.
To make sure your options are properly set, use regedit to check them :
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
                 SYSTEM
                                 CurrentControlSet
                                                 Services
                                                                 Apache
Tomcat xxx
  Parameters
look for JVM Option Number x

Try this script (after adapting your parameters) to install your service.

set JAVA_HOME=C:\j2sdk1.4.1_05
set CATALINA_HOME=C:\SOFTWARE\TOMCAT_4.1.18
set CATALINA_OPTS=-server -Xms750m -Xmx750m -XX:NewRatio=2 -Xconcurrentio

set PARAMETERS=%JAVA_HOME%\jre\bin\server\jvm.dll
set PARAMETERS=%PARAMETERS%
-Djava.class.path=%CATALINA_HOME%\bin\bootstrap.jar;%JAVA_HOME%\lib\tools.jar
set PARAMETERS=%PARAMETERS% -Dcatalina.home=%CATALINA_HOME%
set PARAMETERS=%PARAMETERS%
-Djava.endorsed.dirs=%CATALINA_HOME%\common\endorsed
set PARAMETERS=%PARAMETERS% -Dsun.io.useCanonCaches=false
set PARAMETERS=%PARAMETERS% %CATALINA_OPTS%
set PARAMETERS=%PARAMETERS% -start org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap -params start
set PARAMETERS=%PARAMETERS% -stop org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap -params stop
set PARAMETERS=%PARAMETERS% -out %CATALINA_HOME%\logs\stdout.log
set PARAMETERS=%PARAMETERS% -err %CATALINA_HOME%\logs\stderr.log

%CATALINA_HOME%\bin\tomcat -install "Apache Tomcat 4.1" %PARAMETERS%