Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Dinkar Ganti <di...@lifeconnect.com> on 2001/10/10 20:31:45 UTC

Serializer requests

Hello,

I had posted this message earlier and I would like some pointers to look
into. It would really like to find out if anyone has experienced this
behaviour.

When I use XMLSerializer in the pipeline, Apache receives two requests for
the same pattern. For example for the following pipeline

<map:match pattern="blank.svg">
	<map:generate src="docs/esdm/blank.svg"/>
	<map:serialize type="xml"/>
</map:match>

The Webserver access log shows

127.0.0.1 - - [27/Sep/2001:17:04:16 -0400] "GET /cocoon/blank.svg HTTP/1.1"
200 146
127.0.0.1 - - [27/Sep/2001:17:04:16 -0400] "GET /cocoon/blank.svg HTTP/1.1"
200 146

Whereas if I change the pipeline to
<map:match pattern="blank.svg">
	<map:generate src="docs/esdm/blank.svg"/>
	<map:serialize type="svg2png"/>
</map:match>

127.0.0.1 - - [27/Sep/2001:17:20:48 -0400] "GET /cocoon/blank.svg HTTP/1.1"
200 1262

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks and regards,

Dinkar

RE: Serializer requests

Posted by Dinkar Ganti <di...@lifeconnect.com>.
Thank you for your hint. Actually it seems to be a bug in IE 5.5 on Win
2000. Changing to a different browser works.

Regards,

Dinkar

What happens if you use wget instead of your browser? Also, you can
use tcpdump to understand what's going on under the hood.

Serializer requests

Posted by Gregory Steuck <gr...@buildpoint.com>.

Serializer requests

Posted by Gregory Steuck <gr...@buildpoint.com>.