Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by Avram Aelony <ae...@mpi.com> on 2002/02/26 15:38:40 UTC

Xerces-c on Mac OsX

Has anyone successfully used/built/installed Xerces-c on Mac OsX??
Would love to hear about install experiences, how the samples should be
built, etc..
thanks!
-Avram

Re: Xerces-c on Mac OS X

Posted by James Berry <jb...@criticalpath.com>.
Avram,

Hmm. That's curious. Make on OS X v10.1.3 for me is gnumake.

% make -v
GNU Make version 3.79, by Richard Stallman and Roland McGrath.
Built for powerpc-apple-darwin1.4
Copyright (C) 1988, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99
        Free Software Foundation, Inc.
PARTICULAR PURPOSE.

Report bugs to <bu...@gnu.org>.

% which make
/usr/bin/make

Maybe this is a difference in our development tools installation? Are you up
to date with the latest system and developer tools releases? (I just
compared with a couple of machines in the office, and they all run gnumake
as make)...

-jdb

Re: Xerces-c on Mac OsX

Posted by Avram Aelony <ae...@mpi.com>.
James,

Re: Xerces-c on Mac OsX

Posted by James Berry <jb...@criticalpath.com>.
Avram,

I just verified the build of the 1.6 distribution on my OS X system by
getting a clean copy and doing a full build. I used the following commands
on my system, which you should be able to copy verbatim and have success
with:

mkdir testx
cd testx
# Note that the following two lines should be all in one line:
curl -O
  "http://xml.apache.org/dist/xerces-c/stable/xerces-c-src1_6_0.tar.gz"
gunzip xerces-c-src1_6_0.tar.gz
tar -xf xerces-c-src1_6_0.tar
cd xerces-c-src1_6_0
setenv XERCESCROOT `pwd`
cd src
chmod ugo+x config.* configure runConfigure install-sh

Re: Xerces-c on Mac OsX

Posted by Avram Aelony <ae...@mpi.com>.
Hi,

Re: Xerces-c on Mac OsX