Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Marcelo lotif <ml...@gmail.com> on 2007/07/27 20:12:01 UTC

[T5] BeanEditForm and RadioGroups

Hi all,
is that a way to add a RadioGroup to a BeanEditForm?
i tried to add the following code to the beaneditform body, but it didn't
work...

<t:parameter name="tipo">
  <label t:type="Label" for="tipo" />
  <t:radiogroup value="fornecedor.tipo" t:id="tipo">
    <t:radio value="radio_op1" /> Fornecedor
    <t:radio value="radio_op2" /> Outros
  </t:radiogroup>
</t:parameter>

this works out of the beaneditform, but not inside it. all the variables and
properties are strings
am i missing something or the component just don't support radios yet?

--
Atenciosamente,
Marcelo Lotif

Re: [T5] BeanEditForm and RadioGroups

Posted by Mike_R <Mi...@gmx.net>.
According to the component reference I copied below, it should be possible to
override the column with a block, and maybe put your radiogroup in the
block. Haven't tried it myself though.

A component that creates an entire form editting the properties of a
particular bean. Inspired by Trails and BeanForm (both for Tapestry 4).
Generates a simple UI for editting the properties of a JavaBean, with the
flavor of UI for each property (text field, checkbox, drop down list)
determined from the property type, and the order and validation for the
properties determined from annotations on the property's getter and setter
methods. You may add t:parameters to the component; when the name matches
(case insensitive) the name of a property, then the corresponding Block is
renderered, rather than any of the built in property editor blocks. This
allows you to override specific properties with your own customized UI, for
cases where the default UI is insufficient, or no built-in editor type is
appropriate. This component is likely to change more than any other thing in
Tapestry! What's available now is a very limited preview of its eventual
functionality.