Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Paul Girard <pa...@sciences-po.fr> on 2011/11/18 17:25:14 UTC

freelance contract in Paris

Dear Lucene users community,

I am the CTO of a research lab dedicated to digital social sciences in
Sciences Po Paris, France.
We are new in using Lucene but we want to get into it for many different uses.

We would like to strat by hiring a freelance lucene developer to help
us out with our first integration of Lucene.
This concerns our project Hypertext Corpus Initiative which aims at
creating a web mining tool dedicated to social scientists (see
http://jiminy.medialab.sciences-po.fr/hci).
The web mining part will be done using the Open Source Software Scrapy
(scrapy.org : Python, Twisted powered).
We are actually working directly with Scrapy main developers on this.

But we will also need Lucene for the memory structure.
The specifications and contract details are described here :
http://jiminy.medialab.sciences-po.fr/hci/index.php/Lucene_outsourcing_contract

Contract to be started as soon as possible in Paris, France.
Overseas developers can also apply but please consider visiting us in
Paris for something like a week.
the develper will not have to speak french.

We hope to get into Lucene very quickly and we think this great tool
could become a standard for us very soon,

best regards,

Paul

Paul Girard
médialab | Sciences Po

paul.girard@sciences-po.fr
01 45 49 63 58
13 rue de l'université
75007 PARIS

Re: freelance contract in Paris

Posted by heikki <tr...@gmail.com>.
oops my previous message was not intended to be sent to this list. Please
ignore it. Is there a moderator who might please at least prevent it from
ending up in the archives ?

regards
Heikki Doeleman

Posted by heikki <tr...@gmail.com>.
dear Paul,

my name is Heikki Doeleman and I'm very interested by your mail.

I am a freelance Java/J2EE developer with over 10 years experience, and 6
years experience using Lucene in various projects. Since 2007 I am involved
as one of the core developers of the Open Source geospatial catalog
GeoNetwork, which also uses Lucene.

My nationality is Dutch and I live in Nice, France. It should be no problem
for me to come over for a week or more to Paris.

I kindly ask you to reply to me or give me a telephone call
(+33.6.67871333) to talk about this.

I have attached a recent copy of my CV.

Best regards,