Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Isuru Suriarachchi <is...@gmail.com> on 2009/11/08 08:57:52 UTC

How to set SOAP Action using JAXWS dispatch client API?

Hi all,

I'm using a JAXWS dispatch client (without generating proxy code) to invoke
a simple service. Now I want to engage addressing to this client and test
some asynchronous scenarios. But I can't find how to set the SOAP Action
through this dispatch client API. Can someone who's familiar with our JAXWS
client API tell me how to do this?

Thanks in advance,
~Isuru

Re: How to set SOAP Action using JAXWS dispatch client API?

Posted by Isuru Suriarachchi <is...@gmail.com>.
Hi Brian and dims,

Thanks for your inputs. Yes I just had a look at the Client API section in
the specification and found more details there. If the improvements in
documentation is already a part of the plan, that's great :).

Thanks,
~Isuru

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.
Isuru,

Posted by Brian De Pradine <PR...@uk.ibm.com>.
Hi Isuru,

Posted by Isuru Suriarachchi <is...@gmail.com>.
Hi Brian,

Posted by Brian De Pradine <PR...@uk.ibm.com>.
Hi Isuru,

You need to add some code similar to the following to your client,

        import javax.xml.ws.BindingProvider;

        Map<String, Object> map = dispatch.getRequestContext();
        map.put(BindingProvider.SOAPACTION_USE_PROPERTY, Boolean.TRUE);
        map.put(BindingProvider.SOAPACTION_URI_PROPERTY, ...);

Pass a String as the BindingProvider.SOAPACTION_URI_PROPERTY in order to
specify the SOAP action..

Cheers

Brian DePradine
Web Services Development
IBM Hursley
External  +44 (0) 1962 816319         Internal 246319

If you can't find the time to do it right the first time, where will you
find the time to do it again?

From:
Isuru Suriarachchi <is...@gmail.com>
To: