Posted to dev@polygene.apache.org by Niclas Hedhman <ni...@hedhman.org> on 2017/02/19 07:58:31 UTC

[HEADS-UP] org.json

Gang,
there was a ruling a while ago that org.json license went from CatA to
CatX, by V.P. Legal.

It means that we need to remove org.json from Polygene, and rely solely on
Jackson for now, and possibly Apache Johnzon.

Since I don't like getting dependencies into Core, I think we simply need
to move more tests out of Core and into the tests/ module.

Cheers
--
Niclas Hedhman, Software Developer
http://polygene.apache.org <http://zest.apache.org> - New Energy for Java

Re: [HEADS-UP] org.json

Posted by Paul Merlin <pa...@apache.org>.
Niclas Hedhman a �crit :
> I haven't done much on it, and looking forward to your work reaching
> 'develop'.
>
> In CassandraEntityStoreMixin, I am using ObjectMapper to get a
> Map<String,String> for NamedAssociations to work, as yje
> JacksonDeserializer wants the format of [{ "key" : "my", "value":
> "1234-567-890" }], which I don't like.
>
> Will be good to have you back.

I'm back close to a keyboard.
It was good being away from it for more than two weeks :)
Colombia is a marvelous place, go there before it gets crowded if you
have a chance!

The changes I've made to serialization make it so that Maps are
serialized to simple JSON objects when all their keys are Strings. And
use the "array of key/value objects" format when keys are "complex",
supporting Map<SomeValue, Something>. Deserialization detects both
formats and act accordingly. No more option needed.

I still need to refactor this a bit more so that it uses the simple
object format when the map's keys can be serialized to String (e.g.
EntityReference, enums etc..).

Oh and now we'll have the ability to register custom adapters!

I'll assign all the related issues to me.

Cheers

/Paul

Re: [HEADS-UP] org.json

Posted by Niclas Hedhman <ni...@hedhman.org>.