Posted to users@archiva.apache.org by Marc Lustig <ml...@marclustig.com> on 2008/12/09 15:13:44 UTC

migrating Archiva repository

We have copied the repositories from the filesystem of machine A to machine
B, which runs a seperate Archiva-installation on a separate database.
The idea was to run a repo-scan and let Archiva create the database-records
based on the files.

Unfortunately Archiva doesn't create any entry, thou all consumers are
avtivated.

Any suggestion how to make Archiva creating the database based on the files
?

Re: migrating Archiva repository

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.
It's based on the file date, so Archiva must think it has already
scanned those files.

If you don't care about the file dates, touch all of the files and it
should find them.

Or, shut down Archiva and delete the index and database files.
Archiva will re-create them when you start it again.  (Deng gave
detailed steps for this recently, it should be in the list archives.)

--
Wendy

Posted by Marc Lustig <ml...@marclustig.com>.