Posted to dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by Sylvain Wallez <sy...@apache.org> on 2005/05/09 11:54:37 UTC

Target JDK version?

Hi all,

What is the target JDK version for Jackrabbit? I'm asking this because
I'd like to use Throwable.initCause(Throwable) which was introduced in 1.4.

Thanks,
Sylvain

Re: Target JDK version?

Posted by Felix Meschberger <Fe...@day.com>.
Hi,

The last thing I heard is, that 1.4 is the minimal version supported.

Regards
Felix

Re: Target JDK version?

Posted by Sylvain Wallez <sy...@apache.org>.
Jukka Zitting wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Sylvain Wallez wrote:
>
>> What is the target JDK version for Jackrabbit? I'm asking this
>> because I'd like to use Throwable.initCause(Throwable) which was
>> introduced in 1.4.
>

> 1.4, as specified in project.properties:
>
>     maven.compile.source=1.4
>     maven.compile.target=1.4

Damn, should have looked there before asking! Thanks!

Sylvain

Re: Target JDK version?

Posted by Jukka Zitting <jz...@yukatan.fi>.
Hi,

Sylvain Wallez wrote:
> What is the target JDK version for Jackrabbit? I'm asking this because
> I'd like to use Throwable.initCause(Throwable) which was introduced in 1.4.

1.4, as specified in project.properties:

     maven.compile.source=1.4
     maven.compile.target=1.4

On a related note, I was thinking about using assertions in my JCR-EXT
and JCR-RMI code. I assume there's no problem with this.

BR,

Jukka Zitting